Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm going to be a button accordionist extraordinaire!!

The other day I was given the most beautiful instrument by my parents, a gorgeous little button accordion ( or melodeon). It was bought off Ebay from a man in New Zealand and is in great condition. Made in Germany by Hohner, it would be very interesting to find out where it's come from and how old it is.

While at high school I did actually have some piano accordion lessons on my Opi's (Grandfather) old Hohner but I just found it too big and heavy for my poor little hands and arms. So this one is perfect! Tiny in size but not in sound!

Here's a video of an amazing button accordionist playing a Hohner which is almost identical to mine. His name is Bobby Gardiner. He's apparently legendary, but me being new to this scene have never heard of him. He is pretty incredible with those buttons!!

2 comments:

wle said...

yep
it;s not much like the flute though
write if you get work :)

[i play in a zydeco band-accordions]

wle

wle said...

[subscribing to comments]